Free Delivery on orders in Los Angeles
Sea moss (Chondrus Crispus) is a species of red algae or red seaweed. It also goes by the names Irish moss, Jamaican Sea Moss, Caribbean Sea Moss. Sea moss is a tough, stringy red, yellow, or purple seaweed that grows up to six inches high on rocks in tidal pools along the Atlantic coast of Europe and North America. Because it grows on rocks, it absorbs many of the minerals and other key nutrients from the rocks themselves.
The human body is made up of 102 minerals and Sea Moss contains 92 of them! It also provides a wealth of other important nutrients including; protein, beta-carotene, B vitamins, pectin, vitamin C and Sulphur. One of the most important of these nutrients is a Sulphur-containing amino acid called taurine, which is more abundant in Irish moss than any other seaweed – a nutrient that is commonly lacking in vegetarian and vegan diets.
Here are some of the top benefits of Sea Moss
1. Rid the Body of Mucus - In addition to its heavy mineral count, Sea Moss is full of Potassium Chloride, Omega-3 fatty acids and Chlorophyll, the main nutrients responsible for dissolving inflammation or mucus in the respiratory and lymphatic system . This makes Sea Moss a natural decongestant. Even better, Sea Moss contains anti-viral and antimicrobial compounds that help the body fight off infection and boost the immune system. It's a must have for anyone with frequent allergies, or experiencing cold or flu like symptoms.
2. Recovery- Sea moss provides relief from muscle and joint pain. Whether you are a professional athlete, fitness enthusiast, or perform any kind of heavy lifting at work, Sea Moss can help replace the minerals that you deplete the body of when performing these activities.
3. Promotes regular thyroid function - The most common cause of thyroid abnormalities is iodine deficiency. Iodine is one of the many minerals found abundantly in Sea Moss. By consuming Sea Moss regularly, you are directly feeding the thyroid.
The thyroid is a gland found in the neck below the Adams apple. This gland secretes hormones known as triiodothyronine (T3) and Thyroxine (T4). These hormones are known as T3 and T4 based on the atoms of iodine per molecule. T3= 3 iodine atoms per molecule, T4= 4 iodine atoms per molecule. These hormones have effects on the majority of the body's tissues and increase BMR (basal metabolic rate). Here are just a few examples of what the thyroid is responsible for:
-Increases blood flow by directly increasing the rate and strength of the heartbeat.
-Increases the growth rate of the developing brain cells in the fetus.
-Increases the growth rate of young children.
-Plays a major role in thought patterns, sexual function, and sleep.
-Regulates central and peripheral nervous system function.
-Regulates menstrual cycle.
-Controls cholesterol levels.
4. Improves metabolism- What we refer to as our metabolism is really the process of chemical transformation that occurs within our cells. After food is consumed, our metabolism is responsible for 3 functions:
-Converting food into energy for cellular functions
-Converting food into building and recovery elements for cells
-Discarding waste after enough food has been processed for the above mentioned conversions
5. Boosts immune function- Sea moss is known to have antiviral, antibacterial, anticoagulant, and antimicrobial properties.
6. Mental/Emotional Health - Sea moss is jam-packed full of potassium. The cells of the body cannot function without potassium, though strangely our bodies do not have a mechanism to conserve potassium. Adding high-potassium foods like sea moss to the diet can significantly improve behavior and mental functioning (especially for ADD children!). High potassium foods are also very helpful for fibromyalgia, moodiness, agitation, depression and anxiety disorders. Sea Moss is also an excellent source of a range of B vitamins, which are well known for supporting the nervous system and reducing stress. Additional evidence indicates that Sea Moss has a neuroprotective effect, shielding the brain from the accumulation of a protein called Alpha-synuclein that is linked to neurodegeneration and the development of Parkinson's disease.
7. Promotes digestive regularity- Due to the jelly-like consistency of Sea Moss, it can provide relief to all inflamed mucus membranes by coating the intestinal wall and at the same time pulling toxins out of the body. Sea Moss is known to ease many digestive issues such as indigestion, gastritis, ulcers, and constipation
8. Suppresses appetite- Sea moss is a great appetite suppressant due to its high concentration of minerals and its nutrient density. Most of us experience the uncomfortable sensations in our stomach when we have not consumed anything for a period of time. This discomfort may be coupled with weakness and cravings. This is the feeling that we know as hunger. For the people that are looking to suppress their appetite in a more natural and healthier way, sea moss should be considered. When you process sea moss into gel form, it is easy to add as an ingredient with other foods and drinks. Due to its jelly-like consistency, when sea moss is consumed it passes through the intestines and soothes any inflammation as well as remove any toxins. Sea moss consumed regularly will help to eliminate cravings and as a result, bring the body back to its natural weight based on your level of activity and nutrition.
9. Promotes healthy sexual function- Due to the generous amount of zinc and other minerals that are vital for reproductive function and health, Sea Moss is great for anyone who desires an increased sex drive. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, Sea Moss promotes circulation throughout the entire body especially our reproductive organs. For men, who are experiencing difficulty with sex related drive, stamina, erection, and other abnormalities, then you should consider consuming sea moss regularly. For females, who are experiencing a lack in desire, painful sexual experience due to dryness, feminine irritation, and anything else related to this particular topic, then a regular dose of Sea Moss may improve this situation.
10. Skin- Used topically as a skin and hair toner and nourisher Aside from internal consumption, Sea Moss can be applied directly to the skin. It works great on sunburn, dermatitis, psoriasis, and eczema. The best application we have discovered is what we call “The Sea Moss Soak”. To perform this soak you simply fill up your bath tub with water and add the sea moss gel.
11. Helps to strengthen connective tissue - Being full of collagen, Sea Moss is a great support to healthy hair, skin and nails. Some people have even reported that it helps to stimulate the regrowth of hair.
Copyright © 2020 The Only Seamoss - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Brand26